E-Skills reveals record demand for IT workers
“A record 129,000 new recruits are needed in the UK IT sector each year to fill new roles and replace those who retire, E-Skills has claimed.
The IT think tank also predicts that the employment of IT professionals, through to 2020, will grow at 1.62% a year.
The jobs in highest demand include ICT managers, software specialists and IT strategy and planning professionals.
The most advertised jobs are in development, design and support roles. The most common skill requirements include SQL, C, C#, .NET, HTML and Java.
The findings were published in the 2012 edition of E-Skills’ Technology Insights report, which highlights IT market and labour trends.”
- How to hire a hacker
- Tech sector faces a decade of recession
- Microsoft offers upgrade to Windows 8 for £25
- E-Skills reveals record demand for IT workers
- Software-authentication offers cheaper BYOD solution
- CIOs rank third in the 10 most demanding jobs in IT
- Wearable computing is here: get ready to look ridiculous
- Surviving your journey to the cloud
- Top 10 finance technology issues
- And finally…10 reasons we hate meetings