A unique business improvement programme to help you align IT with the business
How does your IT department...
- Ensure that the function is closely aligned to business objectives?
- Ensure that security and continuity are not compromised by organisational change?
- Prove to its stakeholders that the function is deploying appropriate good practice and is best of breed?
- Understand its true strengths and weaknesses and develop a coherent plan for improvement?
- Motivate its staff in uncertain times?
The National Computing Centre’s IT Department Accreditation Scheme (ITDA) is a unique business improvement programme with a certification scheme that will help you address these issues and more. The ITDA is founded upon a standard developed by IT management, for IT management that, in combination with an accreditation process, delivers:
- An independent appraisal of your systems, process and practices against good practice used in other IT departments.
- A framework for business improvement that will help you align IT to the business and ensure appropriate governance is in place.
- A business improvement plan to help you build on your strengths and eliminate your weaknesses.
- A certification scheme that can be used to validate the effectiveness of the IT function.
The assessment scheme that underpins the NCC ITDA is not a pass/fail audit. It is a unique business performance improvement programme which delivers a bespoke Action Plan, subsequent progress against which is reviewed annually. You set your own agenda of continuous business improvement and we monitor and help you stay focused on your customers' needs and improving your department.
The ITDA delivers real benefits, read our case study portfolio and find out how other organisations got value and benefit from the ITDA.
Download the ITDA Flyer (1MB PDF)
Find out more about ITDA
- IT Department Accreditation
- Benefits of ITDA
- Case Studies
- Who will benefit?
- The Standard
- How it works
- How to Apply
- Apply Online