NCC HealthCheck Service
Is this technology right for us?
- How do you know if a technology is right for you?
- What are the implications and the benefits?
- How do we measure against important standards?
- Do you have any vulnerabilities that might compromise the integrity of your information systems and ultimately your business?
- Do you need a second opinion?
It is the National Computing Centre's mission to raise awareness of emerging technologies, best practices and legal obligations. Our Members benefit from access to a wealth of independent and expert research and guidance to help them understand and prepare for any implications that might arise. However, not all members have the time or opportunity to conduct a specific appraisal around a particular issue themselves and Members do value a second, independent, expert perspective.
NCC Members now have the opportunity to benefit from our expertise and the experiences of our community through specific advisory services designed to inform their IT decision making. We are introducing a series of fixed fee HealthChecks, that will help you:
- Understand what the opportunities and implications are for you in adopting a particular technology
- Understand how you measure up against key standards, whether you are seeking compliance or certification
- Identify any vulnerabilities in your IT systems and networks
- By providing a second, expert perspective on your own IT strategy plans
Our solution is an independent and expert appraisal of your current situation, mapped against a particular technology adoption or compliance issue.
The NCC HealthCheck service will deliver an independent report that assesses your preparedness, identifies any gaps or vulnerabilities, and puts forward a set of recommendations that will take you to the most effective outcome for you. HealthChecks are fixed fee, fixed duration appraisals so you know where you stand and what the costs are. NCC Corporate Advisory Service Members can use their 'unit allocation' to purchase HealthChecks.
Our portfolio of HealthChecks is growing, and currently includes:
- Information Security (Analysis Advice Action)
- Good practice Gap Analysis and RouteMap to ISO/IEC 27001 Certification or compliance
- Business Continuity
- Good practice Gap Analysis and RouteMap to BS 25777 'Code of Practice for Information and Communications Technology Continuity'.
- Deploying Virtualisation
- Implementing Sharepoint
For further information, please contact Tim Ring at NCC.
HealthChecks are available to Member organisations of the National Computing Centre. Subject to Terms and Conditions available upon request.