The NCC has a well-established survey service, building on annual surveys on IT salaries and topical IT issues of concern to IT users, IT spending and the adoption of technologies and applications. We also conduct ad hoc surveys with partners/affiliates on subjects ranging from outsourcing to career tracking.
NCC has recently introduced Rapid Surveys which are aimed exclusively at NCC members, to provide the most timely input on 'hot' topics of interest to our members. These form the basis of the opinion of NCC members and therefore the voice of the IT user community in the UK.
NCC members receive many of the benchmark reports free of charge or at heavily discounted rates. NCC benchmarks are also available for non-members to purchase.
The following is a brief outline of the method used when conducting a survey and the resulting report.
In the specific case of sponsored surveys, the detailed arrangements will be described in the contractual documentation.
- The survey may be initiated by NCC itself, be suggested by the NCC membership and taken up by NCC itself or be initiated by one or more survey sponsors.
- NCC will undertake all the survey requirements from questionnaire development to presentation of the results in report format.
- Surveys may extend beyond the current NCC membership in some cases.
- Surveys may be carried out by telephone, e-mail, NCC website, paper form mailshot or a combination of these. Proposals for specific surveys will specify the mechanism to be used in detail.
- Where survey work is directly sponsored, NCC will qualify expectations with respect to targets for the quantity and quality of contacts in the survey.
- NCC will analyse and report upon survey findings. In general, and being consistent with NCC's nature as a membership organisation, survey findings will be made available to all NCC members.
- NCC will retain Intellectual Property Rights on survey data and reports.
- NCC has a confidentiality agreement with all respondents. Organisations and individuals will not be identified in survey results.
- NCC will follow the Market Research Society Code of Conduct.
Links for more information:
- Benchmarks page (IT Salary Survey, IT Strategy Survey, IT Spending Survey)
- Rapid Surveys
- Market Research Society website
If you would like any more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org